Basement Faucets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinead

Reaction score
Can someone tell us if basement faucets are standard? We couldn't find a name on these. The faucet handle is stripped and keeps turning around, thus we had to turn the water off by the valve. See attached. Please advise. Thank you. IMG_4391.JPG

Last edited:
You could take the good handle to a plumbing supply house and the will probably match something up
Ok, thats my thoughts as well, but now I would need a bolt remover to remove that correct? If you probablly can guess, I'm trying to save myself from calling a plumber and would like to DIY.

Are both handles stuck on????? Spray them with wd-40 or something like that, let it sit overnite when you get the screws out tap the handles away from the stem they should come off measure center to center of the faucet unions, yo may find something that may fit central brass is a brand that made those faucets

Are both handles stuck on????? Spray them with wd-40 or something like that, let it sit overnite when you get the screws out tap the handles away from the stem they should come off measure center to center of the faucet unions, yo may find something that may fit central brass is a brand that made those faucets

The hot water handle is NOT stuck in fact it turns completely around. I needed to turn off water at the valve. Thank you for your info.

Shut off water to the faucet. Remove the handles. Unscrew the large nut holding the valve stem in place. Take the valve stem to your local plumbing supply which could be Lowe’s, Home Depot etc. and buy TWO. Replace both. The big box stores carry stems, gaskets and packing but only a limited selection.

Latest posts

Back