Baffle - Change it or just leave it???

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goadam123

Reaction score
Hi!

So, I just bought a new house that has on older septic tank and decided to drain, clean and inspect it. Other than some cracked concrete lids that I'm having replaced, the out going baffle was rigged with the drain field outlet pipe going into the tank and curving down into the original concrete baffle (older septic tank, 1000 gallon). See attached photo.

There appears to be no issues with how things are functioning as is, but I'm being told that I should install a new PVC T-shape baffle, which is the current standard.

My concern is that by messing with the current setup, I may be opening up Pandora's box. I'm also skeptical if there's enough clearance between the top of the new PVC baffle and the lid.

So, should I leave it alone or bite the bullet and see if a new baffle actually improves things???

Thanks!

image.jpg

Last edited:
No pandoras box here unless the technician is a buffoon. Very simple project. Just make sure the person doing the work is insured and watch them if you are worried about the persons ethics.

Latest posts

Back