Any comments on this receipt?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get it. I don't think my utilities differ that much. Average electric bill, about $100. Average gas bill, about $60. Average water/sewer, $70. 3100 square foot home.
But we have an electric co-op. Up the street they have Duke energy, electricity nearly 2x.
Housing costs outrageous here but I think your average worker/labor rates about the same. $17-$25/hour for general laborers.

When I had gas in 1996 I don’t think I ever got a $60 bill, even in the summer when I was just drying clothes and heating water

Gas in the summer costs me $35 a month, while electricity costs me $450 a month.
Gas in the winter costs me $200, while electricity costs me $200 a month.
Then again, the Public Utility Commission, who sets these rates, were appointed by our Governor, who is too busy to deal with our homeless bums, but has plenty of time to meet with the President of China.
Welcome to our next useless United States President!

The only thing I can think of is adjusting the hot/cold balance of the mixer. I bought a house where the new shower was never adjusted. About half of the time it took to set it was looking up how to do it.

Just quoted $1400 for a 50 gas installed and the guy started being a smartass about a “ golden install “.

I explained that after materials that leave me with about $500. And that I warranty the install and heater for 1 yr and Rheem warranty is 6 yr on the tank. Then he made the golden install comment.

I told him goodbye and hung up.

He called back with a message saying he was joking and $1400 is fine.

I wouldn’t install his heater for $2,000 now. I don’t have the time nor the patience for jokes when it comes to payment. Any balk on the customers part equals a goodbye from me. A permanent one.

Labor is NEVER on sale from me. Find someone else…….

So, is the verdict that it was a fair bill or unfair?
Or are we on the fence/disagreeing? LOL.

So, is the verdict that it was a fair bill or unfair?
Or are we on the fence/disagreeing? LOL.
Depends on where is the project, I suppose. My S.W.A.G =

Fairbanks, Honolulu, San Francisco = WOW! What a bargain!

Average In Metro Detroit Area = Just about right, from what I've heard Real plumber with (required) permit
(Lower in the city, Highland Park & Hamtramck. Higher in Birmingham, Bloomfield or the Grosse Pointes)

Stubenville, Ohio / Wheeling, West Virginia Area = Not a great price, but not criminal. Can easily get a better price

Anniston, Alabama = Way too high

Latest posts

Back