Add Cutoff Value to Water Pipe Without Pipe Cutting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billarmor2020

Reaction score
Being newbie to plumbing, I want to avoid need to copper cut pipe and reinstalling another compressor or whatever. To end usage of refrigerator's ice maker water supply line, simply want to loosen supply line's socket and adding value in middle without cutting anything. Attaching picture. Is that possible with this pipe w/ a few different sizes and some convertor in middle? And what part of the pipe to open and what are the sizes of the valve I should be buying? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5832.jpg
    IMG_5832.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 1
If you use a 1/2” fip ballvalve be sure to pick up a 1/2” brass nipple.

Thanks for suggestion. But just tried it, and obviously need male to female both in diameter of 3/8 approximately. Now latter 2 guys suggest 1/2.
The valve I posted is 3/8” x 3/8”. The inlet has a rubber gasket with a captured nut that screws onto 3/8” male compression threads and the outlet is 3/8” female but has male threads on the outside for a flex connector to screw onto.

You have to remove the nut that you don’t need off the valve because you have a flex connector with a nut built onto the hose. One side of that valve the nut will come off, one side will not.

The nut marked in red will not come off and it screws onto the brass fitting in your pic after you unscrew the stainless flex line.

The nut in blue is removable and once you remove it you can screw your flex connector directly onto it.

A821CB5F-D3C7-428F-A2D3-DCB5C074F492.jpeg

Last edited:
This should be exact pipe i want to stop: ice maker line around 1/4”. No longer needed. Maybe some stop nut?

Back