A couple pics of my work.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a little claustrophobic, but I usually end up doing "those" type of jobs because I am skinny, flexible, and just a touch stupid. Tuesday I crawled inside of an 18" high truss system to change out a roof drain with a flaw in the casting. Not fun, especially since I had to worm through insulation to get there.

Was your guy on an air supply?

No but only because there was a 12" pipe with a catch basin four feet away.

I am a little claustrophobic, but I usually end up doing "those" type of jobs because I am skinny, flexible, and just a touch stupid. Tuesday I crawled inside of an 18" high truss system to change out a roof drain with a flaw in the casting. Not fun, especially since I had to worm through insulation to get there.

Was your guy on an air supply?

I find more often than not I can set my fear aside till I'm almost done with something, then it comes out when I'm leaving/ completing it.

In this case I dont have to worry about fears because I am to big to fit in the pipe in the first place. We are still trying to fix that job. No matter what we do we still can't get this box to hold water. I have re mortared it twice and pulled the valve twice and still it leaks somewhere.

Is that a temporary steel plate? If so, one of my biggest fears is a plate being pushed over and driving into the trench!

Yes 1" thick 6' x 10' steel plate. Most of the time we dowel them into the ground so they can't move but they really don't move far anyway. Maybe up to a couple inches if left for a week or so but over night they don't move. Also it is 6' wide and our trench is 26" so it would have to really move to make a difference. And they weigh 2200 pounds each.

Two years ago the gas company's sub contractor that was replacing the main felt that 3/4" plywood was adequate for covering the trenches on a main road in the city. It snowed over night and we arrived in the morning to repipe the services to find several cars in the trench. Wish I had some pics of it to share.

Two years ago the gas company's sub contractor that was replacing the main felt that 3/4" plywood was adequate for covering the trenches on a main road in the city. It snowed over night and we arrived in the morning to repipe the services to find several cars in the trench. Wish I had some pics of it to share.

I've seen that before.

The guy getting out of his truck was furious. Cussing and what not although he went around the blocks on the road.

Not a smart guy.

I had a job where four cars in one day decided to go around my cones to pass the traffic and drive into my ditch. All of them said it was my fault and this and that but the cops decided they were not in the right part of the road.

The cars or the cones?

Well that'll learn them then.

Yes it will. Today we are paving, we will see how the people respond to it.

I bet you get honked at.

I don't. I do get waves from everyone.

Texas is super friendly.

Back