45 degree elbow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranetech

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of an Uponor/PexA (expansion) 45 degree elbow? Don't care about material type or manufacturer, just haven't been able to locate a 45 elbow. I know PexA is more flexible than B and will easily bend that angle and perhaps that thought process is why manufacturers simply don't make them. I like to do very precise lines with my pipe and sometimes a 45 elbow would simply look better.

Last edited:
I have wondered the same thing before. I have not found one. It would definitely be useful in certain situations.

Pex is designed to be installed with the least amount of fittings and still stay within the recommended allowable bend radius’s. This allows it to be sized basically like copper.

So while the fittings are restrictive, there should typically be less of them.

But I’m not saying they shouldn’t make them…..and I’m really not sure they’re not made. I doubt I’d buy any but I might 🤣✌️🤪

Pex is designed to be installed with the least amount of fittings and still stay within the recommended allowable bend radius’s. This allows it to be sized basically like copper.

So while the fittings are restrictive, there should typically be less of them.

But I’m not saying they shouldn’t make them…..and I’m really not sure they’re not made. I doubt I’d buy any but I might 🤣✌️🤪
I know PexB fittings are restrictive but I've always read a big PexA benefit is no added restriction on those fittings since the ID is the same for fittings and pipe, hence the need to expand the pipe to connect. At any rate there must not be any available or I'm sure someone on this board would have known about them.

Really appreciate the feedback.

I know PexB fittings are restrictive but I've always read a big PexA benefit is no added restriction on those fittings since the ID is the same for fittings and pipe, hence the need to expand the pipe to connect. At any rate there must not be any available or I'm sure someone on this board would have known about them.

Really appreciate the feedback.
Expansion fittings are not full bore like copper. Especially the plastic ones.

45…..
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Uponor-Wirsbo-Q4761010-1-ProPEX-EP-45-Degree-Elbow

Crimp 45….
https://www.zurn.com/products/pex-c...1807-f2159/xl-brass-copper/elbows/qqe____45gx

Thanks for the website links. I've saved the first one since those are expansion fittings. Unfortunately, in this particular case, I'm looking for 3/4" and the Uponor site only goes down to 1". Still a good link for future projects and I thank you for the reply.

Latest posts

Back