Water to a Horse Barn

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob42394

Reaction score
Objective: I need to get water to a barn for horses I am going to build which is about 1500 ft from my house. Heavily treed area so there would be a lot of roots involved and also a ravine that you have to go through.

I have decided the only option is to run a line above ground and blow it out when it is going to go below freezing and fill a trough for the horses on those days.

I am in TN and I checked the weather for the entire year of 2016 and we had about 12 days for the whole year where it went below 32. Most of the winter here from December until March the days stay in the upper 30's and a lot of days in the 40's. It is seldom that it goes down into the teens...

My question is, what type of pipe would you suggest using for this wacky project or do you have any other advice. I know running the pipe above ground is not the best solution but, with all the trees I can't think of a better way of doing it that won't break the bank. Thks..

Latest posts

Back