Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Showers and Tubs > Multiple Shower Issues

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #71
Ferdinand

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Oooooh, Ahhhhhh. Well, ain't these pretty?

2 filter cartridges
1 temperature control cartridge
3 flow valves for shower head, tub faucet, and side jets.

NewValves-1.jpg   NewValves-2.jpg  

Old 01-17-2018, 07:55 PM   #72
Ferdinand

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

But nothing's ever simple...

Naturally, there's good news, and bad news.

The good news is the new filter cartridges screwed right in and the fancy new temperature control cartridge works perfectly. I can now adjust the water temperature from icy cold all the way to scalding hot. Yippee!

The bad news is that when I open those two stop valves (#1 & #2) to turn the water back on, #1 now leaks! When the system is pressurized, water drips out the end of #1, and falls down behind the shower wall. And, if I turn it all the way back in it no longer completely stops the water either.

#@$!

I turned it all the way in for now, and opened the handle for the tub faucet, because this way at least the water is dripping into the tub and down the drain (again!). That's better than having the water drip down behind the shower wall.

I'm guessing those things have never been touched before, and now after running them in and out the seals are damaged. I've ordered replacements for both of those as well. Of course to replace them I now actually will have to turn off the main supply to the entire house. But at least I will have new parts in hand when it comes time to do that.

I was soooooo close to being finished with this job.

000.jpg  

havasu Likes This