Will this plan work for a new house?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilmath

Reaction score
I am building a new house with a crawl space. I drew up this plan and feel good about
the hall bathroom but I am not sure about the bath in the main bedroom. Is there a better
way to route the 3" piping to the toilet and bath tub?

Thanks
Rick

Attachments

• plumbing plan.jpg
    plumbing plan.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
They build crawl space homes in Tampa area? So this will be like an all wood house I assume? I'm surprised with the more frequent and powerful hurricanes that are hitting SW Florida, they have not upped the building codes to all concrete block on solid concrete or terrazo slab. The only reason I bring this up is because the flood and home owners insurance is really really high now here in Florida. If you are purchasing insurance every year, you might save money by building all concrete block and slab because if we build a wood frame house, I wonder if the insurance being higher every year will cost more in the long run?

I have an all concrete block and solid slab house a block from the ocean on the other side and even with upgrades like hurricane rated windows, garage door, and wind mitigation, my insurance has doubled for both flood and regular home owners insurance. There has never been a claim on the house in it's 60 years of existence though. But a wood frame house in SW florida? The insurance might be 3 or 4 times higher I would think. And that's every year you will be paying it.

I was born in Tampa, I now live in Oregon where most houses have a crawl space.
When I registered for this forum it asked where I was born.

In Oregon we do have problems with potential earthquakes but not hurricanes.

Much of my family still lives in Florida and I have heard about the horrors of homeowners
insurance. If I lived in Florida I am sure the foundation would be a slab, and a thick one.
Thanks for the response

This forum is asking where you were born? If so, i will need to get this reworded, since present location is all we care about, since this helps the experts here.

This forum is asking where you were born? If so, i will need to get this reworded, since present location is all we care about, since this helps the experts here.
Sorry I caused confusion. In my effort to best help him with this question, I noticed it said Tampa so I was just trying to help him in a big way if I could. But now I see I was wrong about the location of the crawl space. I'll see myself out. LOL. But trust me, getting homes insured in Florida is a nightmare so I was honestly trying to help.

No problem Rick. I just need to verify what is asked when someone signs up. This sounds like we work for INS. We dont care where one is born, we'd just like to know the present location to help give help to the professionals.

So what do you guys think about my plumbing plan?
It’s really not a plan. It’s lines showing how you want to route the piping.

If you want to do it that way then that’s fine. Just use the proper size pipe and the proper fittings and pitch. Water test when it’s complete.

Back