Will extending a 3/8" faucet line using 1/2" wide line reduce pressure?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksnyper

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am hoping I can get an answer to this stupid problem before ordering new parts.

We just installed a Grohe k7 faucet which came with (very short) 3/8" diameter braided lines. These do not reach the connections, so I had to extend them using the only male/female option available at Home Depot, a 1/2" wide braided line. The faucet works great, but I have this feeling that the pressure is not what it should be. The sprayer on this thing should be ripping food off plates, but it is sort of a shower spray effect. I wonder if going from 3/8 to 1/2 diameter lines is causing this? Any ideas? 3/8" diameter lines are special order around here for whatever reason.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the reply John. Says in the manual that the flow restrict is set to maximum at the factory. Worth double checking? Or maybe just realize this expensive thing isn't as great as my $100 moen I am replacing?

As a professional plumber, I have never removed a flow restricting device to increase flow. Nope. Not me.

And if you were to do so, it would void the manufacturer's warranty.

I am just saying.

Back