Which filter?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henhen59

Reaction score
I have an out of wall mounted black rain shower pipes... looks nice but always with white spots from dried droplets . Im going to install a tankless water heater and need a filter to make sure the heater doesnt go bad before time. Should I look for a scale filter? Sediment filter? Water softner gizmo? Its going to be installed in a closet in the bathroom next to the water heater.

I just want one filter than I can change (pop out the used one and put in a new one) to take care of the problem. I saw that they have stage 1 and stage 2 (or more) systems but Im worried about loosing pressure (i dont have a whole lot to begin with).

So anyone can point me in the right direction... hopefully not an expensive direction (i saw those water softer filters are more expensive that my water heater)!

What’s the city water quality to start with, and what is it like after sitting in your rooftop tank? You need to know what you are trying to fix.

Latest posts

Back