where is the clog, older home, video included

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrain

Reaction score
i made a video explaining my problem and showing the drain system in my house

1969 split level home. i'm a novice trying to find the clog.

Have a main floor drain in basement near the washer dryer which has a 3 ft pipe sticking out the floor that i put the washer drain hose into. Also have what i think is called cleanout 2 feet above floor in the basement near the wall, in the same room and 12 feet from the floor drain.

was doing laundry and the washer drain pipe overflowed as well as back wash water flowed up from the floor floor drain and left a large pool of water on the floor.

vacummed water up from floor and used a 25 ft drill auger on the washer drain pipe and got it clear....or more clear as before, i could only run water into that drain pipe a few seconds and it would overflow, but now i can run it slowly almost continuously, but i now see the water rising in the floor drain when i do that.

So i tried to get the auger into the floor drain but cannot see or find the main shoot in the floor that leads the water out to the street.

when i put the auger in it hits at 3 ft deep like it hitting the floor. I sat there for 10 minutes with the auger spinning and it never found a hole to allow me to release more of the auger.

Is there a trap door or something that i cannot see?

is it your standard p trap design ?

Should i try to open that cleanout near the wall even though that is above where the problem seems to be?

It is all just guessing if you dont run a camera down the drain at the washer stand pipe. You should try and push the cable past the trap without it running if you havent already tried. You could rent a bigger/longer machine and run it down the washer stand pipe.

You could pop the cleanout plug and pour water in to see if it runs past your floor drain, that will tell you if it is on that line or not.

If you flush a toilet does the water come up in your floor drain. That washer drain looks like somebody indirected it into
the floor drain by looking at the cement job. Try running water upstairs and if the floor drain comes up you need to
take a large snake and go through that cleanout. You'll have to rent one to do 3 or 4" pipe or call a good drain cleaning
company.

Back