What's the best quality High Density Water Heater element ( Not a "fold-over" design )

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg

Reaction score
For the pros ..... what high density element have you had the best luck with ? I just purchase a Rheem heater and it came with the low density fold over rods. Years ago I had a heater with these rods and spent a great deal of time getting them out for a yearly exchange. The "fold"seems to relax and then you have issues getting them back out the insertion hole. With the bottom rod ....... the fold over type gets loaded with sediment and then becomes a pain to withdrawal to change.

I change the elements every year and my current heater is 14 years old with no issues. I plan to replace both the heater and the water tank as a preventative chore .... Primarily because I suspect the bladder in the water tank may have a bladder leak.

Historically I've been getting Camco rods but notice the diameter of the Camco element is smaller than others. Who makes the best quality elements ?

Back