What valves & cartridges do I need for Sign of the Crab Sacramento levers?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanne

Reaction score
I saw a sale on a website and made an impulse buy to get two levers and the matching escutcheons. They are from the Sacramento line of Sign of the Crab by Strom Plumbing.
I got the P0214C diverter lever (which is basically the same as the ones labeled "hot" and "cold" only they don't have labels). I also got two P0388C escutcheons.

The Hot & Cold ones are P0215C, so I would be looking for the fittings for them and just substituting the 214.

I e-mailed the manufacturer but have not yet received a reply. I found a few websites selling the cartridges and I'm not certain which ones are right for the levers I got.

I found a page with a list of cartridges and I think I've narrowed it down but am not certain.
There's the quarterturn ceramic cartridge PP245Q or PP0106Q. The plubmingsupply site has them for around $58 or so but I found them for $50 (not sure on shipping) at deabath.com (link goes to faucet parts list).
I'm also trying to figure out if I will need additional parts.

I didn't see anything about the actual valves. And I'm only assuming that these use the ceramic cartridges. I hope they don't use the compression ones.

Anyone know?

Pic of the levers (I got the blank one on the right)
tumblr_optwyeDTJF1qkwd9ao2_1280.jpg

Pic of the escutcheon
tumblr_optwyeDTJF1qkwd9ao4_r1_500.jpg

Setup I would eventually like to have (only subtract the middle lever-- I forgot to edit it out).
tumblr_optwyeDTJF1qkwd9ao5_r1_500.png

Well, I got a reply and they listed the retail prices for things. I found the cartridges for $27.25 each at doplumb.com but the site has some code problems and I can't place an order or see what the shipping price would be. I get a page full of error code when I try.

I haven't been able to find the valve bodies, T&S nipples, and tee that were listed. I wish I could find pictures and specs of them. They aren't even listed on the official sign of the crab site. I was told I would have to custom order the stuff via southern pipe and supply or coburn's (which happen to be very near each other in Alexandria).

Wish I knew a local plumber that could get the stuff wholesale or for less than the retail price.

I'm also wondering if I could possibly just use the escutcheons with different levers and whether or not I would still need the retaining nuts.

signofcrabpartslist.jpg

Latest posts

Back