What toilet part do I need to replace a Kohler 4166 CSBA canister flush valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinniab

Reaction score
Someone on Amazon commented that part 1189000 fits. But, I can't find anything official telling me which part I need. Was hoping to pick it up at home depot.

Looks like that one fits to me based off the model number toilet.

I’ve started recommending replacing all the kohler toilets that have a canister type flush valve. I think they’re garbage.

i'm a lazy a piece of S using my disability check to party all day...ask anyone....i don't have the money to replace a 8.5 year old toilet....i was hoping to be able to pick up the part immediately, but I can only find it on amazon (not shipped by amazon) and it will take up to a week to get it. I can rig it to work (the tip broke off the top so the tube doesn't connect, but the valve itself closes. I had tried to replace the fill valve myself, but I don't have the physical strength or range of motion...couldn't even pop open the ring to just replace the top part of the fill valve....i have to have someone come help me so I would like to have both parts available at the same time.

i was able to match it on the kohler site, it says its equivalent to the original piece! thank you!
They’ll send it to you for free probably. Call them or email them. Send pics with it.

i want to get it tomorrow. right now I have to have the water shut off so I have to manually refill the tank. when I couldn't replace the fill valve myself, i tried to re connect the supply line, but it kept leaking..i just can't physically get at it good enough....i struggle just meeting my basic activities of daily living, this routine is too physically draining.

Latest posts

Back