What is this

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY_Nick

Reaction score
I tried to replace my sink sprayer today, just to find out the manufacturer replacement part doesn’t work with this plumbing gizmo. I broke a clip on it, so now I have a sprayer above the sink and below in the cabinet. Anyone know what this is or where I can order one???

Attachments

• B52B50BD-92DA-43CF-B766-58CD38E29E84.jpeg
    B52B50BD-92DA-43CF-B766-58CD38E29E84.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • EF37E971-5C5B-4AA5-A5A0-05CC9605F233.jpeg
    EF37E971-5C5B-4AA5-A5A0-05CC9605F233.jpeg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 0
It is a quick disconnect/adapter. ONLY the mfr would have one. If a good brand, would be lifetime warranted to the original owner.

It is a quick disconnect/adapter. ONLY the mfr would have one. If a good brand, would be lifetime warranted to the original owner.
That adapter is built onto the tubing from the valve. It’s not a replacement part.

The OP tried to force the wrong Delta spray hose to fit. Now he’s at least broke the retainer clip.

He will need a new retainer clip and the correct model hose which also contained the spray diverter.

On second look it may be the correct hose, but installed improperly.

Definitely will not work with the blue clip isn’t engaged or is broken. The blue clip is replaceable but the fitting it snaps into is not.

Definitely will not work with the blue clip isn’t engaged or is broken. The blue clip is replaceable but the fitting it snaps into is not.
Thanks for the info. After some clever wording in numerous Google searches, I was able to find the blue clip for roughly $6 so I ordered a couple. Is this type of kitchen plumbing common? I’ve looked under a few sinks in my lifetime, but I’ve never seen anything like this before…our house/plumbing is just under 20 years old if that helps in answering the ‘common’ question.

When I saw that the replacement hose wouldn’t work with this setup, I just replaced the sprayer on the original hose and reassembled. I never tried or forced the replacement into the assembly based on the looks alone. The blue clip broke when I disassembled the original assembly, and though ‘reassembled’ it isn’t seated correctly due to the broken clip. Once the new one arrives, fingers crossed that everything works as it should.

Back