What are these rings and where can I get them?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_W

Reaction score
My father and I are replacing the tile in the master shower but we had to cut these rings in order to get the escutcheons off to install new backing board.

The brand is "Standard" (American Standard) and the house is from the 50's.

Rings are circled in red. The rings are approximately 1 3/16 - 1 1/4 ID, finely threaded internally, slightly tapered externally, and have 4 bumps on the inside on the escutcheon end. American standard did not have anything like them on their website and a two plumbing supply places here in Indianapolis did not have any. Anyone know what they are called and where to get them?

ringsd.jpg

Last edited:
not really sure, master plumber makes all kinds of parts for these though. If you are re doing the house then why not just instal a new and proper balanced single handle faucet? it would better guarantee your work not be fouled by trying to re use old faucets

Honestly, I like the clean, simple, look of these handles, and I hate the single handle contraptions. And we kinda have the new wall and tiles in place already... :eek:

The faucet you have is a American Standard Heritage. This company has the parts you need. What they do show is a three valve tub & shower rebuild kit. Not sure if they will break up the kit for your two valve set up. The link is for a PDF file with your trim amongst many. The number of your kit is RBK200.

http://www.kissler.com/Downloads/Kits.pdf

John

Back