Well inspection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddd

Reaction score
We are needing a well inspection had a guy come out. Did his thing talk to him the next day will waiting on his inspection report I asked how it was looking and he was saying that is was goin to get a fail because the wire wasn’t in conduit underground. Not sure if this is correct I was around while the inspection was being done and didn’t see any digging goin on or how he determined it failed for wiring

We are needing a well inspection had a guy come out. Did his thing talk to him the next day will waiting on his inspection report I asked how it was looking and he was saying that is was goin to get a fail because the wire wasn’t in conduit underground. Not sure if this is correct I was around while the inspection was being done and didn’t see any digging goin on or how he determined it failed for wiring

What’s your question ? There’s no way we can determine if the wire is in conduit or not.

If it's direct burial wire i believe it only needs to be in conduit where it come out of the ground, and up to the well cap. Should be an easy fix.

Reactions: Ddd
Does it have to be or can the wire just be buried underground with out
Is there code that covers this ? Mine has been direct buried since 1985, comes up out of the ground with probably 8 feet of extra wire coiled , then down the well. I'm presuming for me that's fine since it was probably fine when it was put in. Maybe if I sold the house and it was checked, they might want it changed... but inwould probably sell it "as is anyway"

Back