Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serge9898

Reaction score
Could someone recommend where I can buy cheap waterproof plumber suit to scrawl in a wet scrawl space? (wet with grey and black water sewer leakage...).
Ideally locally in San Jose Bay Area.
Thanks!

Take to heart what Breplum said about decontaminating!
You ABSOLUTELY should not be breathing the bacteria, fungal spores and virus' that will become airborne when you crawl in there.

Many toxins, especially a virus, will go through a typical mask, even N95 & KN95, if it is not attached to moisture. (That is why masks worked for covid-19. The virus came out of people's mouths & was wet. The water that held the virus got trapped by the mask. If the virus was not wet, it would fit through the mask.)

When the decontamination people are done, spray the underside of the wood subfloor above and spray the joists with a disinfectant (not a sanitizer) that provides what is called "residual efficacy". It provides long-term protection.

Bacteria, virus' and mold spores need approximately 9% (+/-) moisture to be active. The product with residual will remain in the wood and "come back to life" when any moisture is present, such as that from an active bacterium.

Quaternary Ammonium based products have residual efficacy for mold spores and bacteria. Some do also for virus. You can buy it locally & without fragrance at restaurant supply stores like GFS. Low temperature dish machines use it to sanitize and disinfect the dishes.

Paul

We always insist that the space is first decontaminated by a water damage recovery firm first.
Then we use
DuPont Tychem jumpsuit (Home Depot) in case they missed somewhere we have to crawl.
I agree 100%. Let a pro handle the confined space decontamination.

Yeah because all other plumbing is bacteria and virus free.

I wear a full decontamination suit and set up a bleach hot water mister at home before I go into my house.

Come on guys……

Drain it
Lime it
Cover it
Go to freakin work

Yeah because all other plumbing is bacteria and virus free.

I wear a full decontamination suit and set up a bleach hot water mister at home before I go into my house.

Come on guys……

Drain it
Lime it
Cover it
Go to freakin work
Yeah, tie a rope on your ankle so they can drag you out when you choke from poison gas.

Back