Water Pressure issues

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterjw

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently we began to experience low water pressure at our kitchen faucet. It is a Fairbury 1-handle pull down faucet with a spray assembly, made by American Standard.

I took off the spray assembly and noticed some debris on the screen, cleaned this off, but do not see any way to remove the aerator. I next soaked the assembly in vinegar which resulted in a slight improvement.

I next replaced the cartridge and have significant improvement, but the hot water pressure is still below that of the cold water and what it was before.

I'm not sure what my next steps should be. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Check for check valves on the faucet supply water lines. The check valve could have debris. Remove the supply line from the shut off valve to check for check valves.

Like he said try the supplies, take them off the faucetand turn them on in a 5 gal bucket. If you have good foo there it's in the faucet.

I have had it where the debris is in the body of the faucet and needs to be replaced....

Hi, thanks for the responses. I will check it out, and am hoping the debris is not in the faucet!

Back