water main sewer pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosnip

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Ed, im in Canada, Alberta. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what could be wrong or happening with my sewer line.
Yerstaday I noticed a small leak on my main sewer pipe down in the basement.
I saw a wet spot on the concrete where the pipe is roughed in and started examining it. I looked closer and noticed two very tiny streams of water on the pipe going down, but i cant locate the origin of those streams. I wiped it with my fingers went upstairs and flushed the toilet and opened the shower and other water taps, came back downstairs but the two streams of water dried out and i didnt see any more water. i checked it a few more times throughout the night yerstaday but couldnt find any more leaks and the existing wet spot on concrete (about 5" diameter) dried up. This morning I went to check on it again and there were no water still. So im really not sure what could be wrong. Im the only one leaving at the house and I know i didnt spill any water upstairs. Is it possible there might be some condensation issue? the house is older about 60 years old and the pipes are copper I believe. would really appreciate any hints. thank you.

i think its copper? im not sure, its brown color. im attaching picture

IMG_6204.jpg

Back