Water Line in front of fridge broken

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCook1217

Reaction score
I am BRAND NEW to trying anything with plumbing. I was planning on hooking up a water line to the back of this old fridge I picked up (there is a connection in back) but found this in front (see pic). It doesn't look cut or ripped. Is there a way to repair this???

IMG_0506.jpg

Looks like an easy fix with a 1/4" x 1/4" brass compression coupling, found at your local hardware store. A better choice would be just to purchase a new ice maker line, which would run from your wall to the refrigerator.

If there is a plastic line (cant tell from pics) be sure to use plastic ferrule rather than brass. Brass can cut through the plastic and cause some serious damage

.....and the small tubing insert to stop the plastic tubing from collapsing when the ferrule compresses.

Thank you very much for the replies. It is a plastic line.

As far as a new kit, it seems like the line in front isn't part of a kit, but part of the actual fridge. I see in back where a kit would go. There is a connection input with a plastic line running from the bottom of the back all the way to the top...

Here is a picture of the back of the fridge. As you can see it enters in the top right...runs all the way down and goes underneath the fridge. I don't think that would be an easy replacement :(

Also, sorry to be a pain, but when you mention something, can you post a link to it? I need it dumbed down for me big time haha

back.jpg

Last edited:
Where that plastic lines runs into the bottom back of the fridge, you should see a brass coupling. This is where the new refrigerator water line attaches to. The common size is 1/4", and most can be purchased at any big box hardware store. With this being said, exactly where is your plastic line broken?

Latest posts

Back