Water leak in toilet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschae1

Reaction score
My daughter (who lives in a different state) sent me this video. Her toilet keeps cycling in a small amount of water. The orange 3" washer is new as of today. The white plastic part that rises to flush is smooth at the point it touches the new rubber washer. So, it should form a seal. But it has to be leaking there? ....right, how else would the water level in the tank go down enough for the float to fall and activate the fill valve?

Also, those bubbles at the base of the fill valve look odd (when the float falls)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. If i was there, I'd replace everything in the tank, but I think she is going to have to get a plumber to do that level of work.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP3GoSiKmI6k9GOUGoAM4eI3hvDSeOaGTzNLvnPDLgyvpLtwE4_CpVnF4ijrBWekA?key=cm5hamZvU01hMkRUaUtWaDBoQnFOQ0d5Y3NZVmpB

it is the flapper, has to be, the flapper has the keys to the drain hole

he is the only one that will grant passage of water

I used different words, but this is exactly what I told her. Are the bubbles from the filler valve normal?

If she replaced the washer at the bottom of the plunger that rises when flushed it may be pushed down to far. I have had to fix several of them. There is a lip that the washer sits in but its easy to push down past it. I believe its a Kohler

CT-18, you were correct. I had asked her about this on Sunday, but I must not have explained it well. A plumber came by and that was the issue. The new seal was a little too low.

Glad you got her taken care of

Back