Water is not going to Tub Faucet or Shower Head.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right, Sorry.. Just trying to come up with something you haven't tried. Have you called Delta customer service??.

That's right, Sorry.. Just trying to come up with something you haven't tried. Have you called Delta customer service??.
You’ll talk to a guy who’s never installed a faucet in his life.

If he’s getting air back through the shower arm and out of the valve with the cartridge out and he’s getting hot and cold water to the rough valve.......then it’s 200% the cartridge not acting right.

The cartridge is what separates those three ports in the rough valve

You’ll talk to a guy who’s never installed a faucet in his life.

If he’s getting air back through the shower arm and out of the valve with the cartridge out and he’s getting hot and cold water to the rough valve.......then it’s 200% the cartridge not acting right.

The cartridge is what separates those three ports in the rough valve
I agree it's got to be the cartridge just not sure how three would be bad. I'll most likely end up calling a plumber. If anything to remove the rough in and possibly clear the faucet pipe and shower pipe. At this point this is the only option that I can see as nothing else is working on my end.

Update:
Good news is that I have water flowing to the faucet pipe.
Bad news is that it's only a steady trickle.

I called a local plumber and after giving him all the information, stayed that he's never heard of this.

So currently blowing air through the faucet pipe. Whichbtw, I can see water moving up through the top hole.of the valve body.

Remove the cartridge and take a pic showing the inside of the valve.

Take a pic of the cartridge you’re using as well.

Cap the tub outlet snd put high pressure air through the shower arm pipe with that cartridge out.

Air should blow out of the valve, out of that top hole inside the rough valve in the wall.

A good flow of air.

Now keep in mind that those cartridges require both hot and cold water available to mix with or it will not allow very much water at all pass through. It “ pressure balanced “.

4BAE4478-0336-41E7-A9D7-0E75953F0AD8.jpeg

Hot, cold and mixed

Hot and cold enters the cartridge then It mixes in the cartridge then exits through the mixed outlet.

Take the trim plate off and let’s see if it has stop valves on the left and right

It doesn't. Problem now is the cartridge won't go back in.
If it's not one thing it's another. I'll come back to this tomorrow before I break something.

Good.bews, water is now flowing like the Nile. Problem is the damn cartridge won't go back in. So we'll get a new one in the morning.
Thanks for all of the help gents. I greatly appreciate it.

Good.bews, water is now flowing like the Nile. Problem is the damn cartridge won't go back in. So we'll get a new one in the morning.
Thanks for all of the help gents. I greatly appreciate it.

The cartridge you have pictured hasn’t been sold around here in a while, they have a newer style, the hot water limit is easier to adjust on the new ones.

You bought that one at a box store recently ? Looks brand new.
6A79BB89-5F88-41A9-A478-AB3FBAA73786.jpeg

Although that one should fit if it fit before.

I recommend using some silicone grease on all the orings of the cartridge.

Woohoo!! We have this thing fixed. Not sure what was the issue. My last ditch effort was spraying some CLR into the mixed water port for about 30 minutes and then blowing air through the shower and faucet pipes.
Only negative issue was the cartridge not seating into the valve body. So I had to get a new one. Not sure what happened but it had something to do with the ORings.

That being said the Main issue is fixed. Now to keep this faucet from flying off after the shower turns off.

Back