Washing Machine Trap Primer Overflowing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_word

Reaction score
I am renovating a bathroom in a condo and the wall behind the toilet and sink is shared with the laundry room. When I removed the toilet and sink and took out the drywall I noticed the continuous flow trap seal primer from the washing machine is overflowing and running down the outside of the pipe any time the washer is on. I just learned about trap seal primers and have no clue how any of this works. Is it possible it is overflowing because the toilet and sink are out and their water flow cut off or should I be concerned about a clog below floor level?

Pictures? trap primers are usually use for floor drains, not laundry drains.

They dribble a little bit of water into the drain to keep them primed.

I noticed the continuous flow trap seal primer from the washing machine is overflowing and running down the outside of the pipe any time the washer is on.

Flowing outside of what pipe? 1/2 copper that normally runs into the floor to a nearby floor drain? water fluctuation in the water system will make the trap primer dribble water. could be it's dribble turned to a flow and the pipe to drain is plugged up. try blowing it out with air or find the drain. should be a small hole in the side. stick a wire or something to clear it.

Latest posts

Back