washer standpipe broken off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimanseeoh

Reaction score
well I have a question that I'm afraid I know the answer to but I'm no expert so I thought its worth asking. My wife moved the dryer to get to a stray sock and bumped it into the pvc washer drain standpipe hard enough to significantly crack it at the point where it meets the concrete basement floor. The pipe appears pretty brittle and the crack is really jagged partially above the floor surface and partially below. It now leaks like you turned on a faucet. Question is, is there any way to repair it without paying thousands to have a plumber tear up the concrete floor? We plan on selling soon and I sure hate to have to do that now... any ideas or input would be appreciated thanks

We may have a quick fix for you, but please take a picture of the broken pipe, along with a wider shot to confirm this is a drain line, and post it up here.

you can chip the concrete yourself and fix it, or pay someone to fix it

it really depends on what you want to do, there is no ''quick'' fix

i saw on television where a fella sprayed some snake oil on a screen and said it was a boat.

i did not send him any money,

Back