washer on hot water valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckiechan

Reaction score
On my bathroom sink I replaced a hot water washer and it still leaked, so I put in a cone shaped washer and that worked, but when I turn on the hot water, it gradually slows down to a rapid drip. Not a big deal, but it bothers me. Both the flat washer and the cone washer are neoprene.

Also, how tight is the screw supposed to be that holds the washer to the stem?

Thanks in advance.

What kind of faucet? About tightening the screw into the washer to the stem. Tighten as tight as you can til you cant do it. Its by hand not machine. When the washer starts to bevel out youre fine

It's the washer on the hot water valve on the hot water faucet. The flat one leaked, the cone one works but gradually the water slows and slows as if the washer is expanding.

And the screw thing... I was just wondering if the washer was designed to seal flat without turning as you open and close the valve.

What I would do for what it's worth is replace the cartridge, then that should work like it used to before it dripped. And if you can replace the seats as well. That's probably the easiest way to solve your issue if replacing the washers didn't properly work

Back