Washer comments...?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dshow

Reaction score
This really isn't directly related to heaters and softeners, but I didn't know where to put it and it's related to plumbing... This is regarding a Washing Machine.
I have a Maytag MVWX700XW1. It is 15+ years old. It has a metal hardware in the tub (spanner nut, etc) The hardware is very corroded and I ended up having to break the hardware to get it off. I wanted to replace the gear case / tub seal which requires removing the old gear case. I have all the hardware off from the top and bottom... yet I cannot get the tub off the shaft and out of the washer (therefore I cannot remove the old gear case)

1689085623254.png
1689085687192.png

I've tried pulling from the bottom. Putting a pipe on the shaft and beating the pipe from the top. It is frozen on there....

I'm very close to throwing in the towel on this and purchasing a new washer.
What am I doing wrong? Youtube videos show the guy just wiggle it and it pulls up... I'm afraid anything more will damage the tub and if I have to buy a new tub... I will just buy a new washer.

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and if they have any suggestions.

Thanks-

Thanks! I did find that site in my search for a forum last night. I posted and they already provided some good feedback...

Back