Walk in shower line to soaker tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BosRamG

Reaction score
Bathroom currently has walk-in shower. I would like to install free standing soaking tub. Supply line. From basement 3/4 Pex-B Tees of to 1/2 PEX-B runs to walk in shower. How much pressure or flow rate drop will occur if I tapped 1/2in line from walk-in shower to tub vs cutting drywall in living room finding 3/4in line refitting 1/2in line to walk-in shower to 3/4 line then Teeing to two 1/2in lines shower and tub. Access shower plumbing is easy with doors compared to cutting drywall and looking for original line somewhere in living room. Other Tee line goes from 3/4in line from basement tees off 3/4 to 1/2 with goes to 2 sink vanity. Will all extra cutting refitting gonna make significant difference. Probably would not use tub and shower at same time frequently but it would happen every now and then.

first, know that soaking tub capacity will be impacted by an inadequately sized water heater. And flow through 1/2" pex is fine for showers but will take a long time.
We recommend 3/4" fast fill tub fillers on big tubs.
Beyond that, it is your tolerance for inadequacies or perception that are at play.

first, know that soaking tub capacity will be impacted by an inadequately sized water heater. And flow through 1/2" pex is fine for showers but will take a long time.
We recommend 3/4" fast fill tub fillers on big tubs.
Beyond that, it is your tolerance for inadequacies or perception that are at play.
Looking more into seems like soaker tubs mostly come with freestanding tub faucets and all I saw were 1/2in attachments. How much volume in water difference would be 1/2 connection to faucet of 1/2 pipe vs 1/2 faucet connection of 3/4 connection?

Back