Waiting Is the Hardest Part

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moz

Reaction score
Like the Petty song, one of my faucets makes me wait and wait for hot water

I've got three faucets in my apartment, (2 flat building which I own. I'm on the 2nd floor) kitchen sink faucet, bathroom sink faucet and tub "spout / faucet"

The kitchen faucet takes about a minute to get hot water, which is a pretty long time, but I can live with it. It's the bathroom sink faucet that's the real problem. It can take upwards of over two - three minutes before hot water comes out, The tub always gets hot water in a few seconds

Another odd thing is my tenant on the first floor says she has no issues like this

Does anyone know why it takes so long for one faucet but not another? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help

The more flow from a faucet the faster it purges the cold water out of the pipe.

Lower flow equals longer wait times.

An easy way to get hot water quicker Is to remove flow restrictors to purge the cold water out quicker.

Thank you for the response. Restrictors meaning the faucet aerator? If not, what other restrictors would there be?

Thank you for the response. Restrictors meaning the faucet aerator? If not, what other restrictors would there be?

Remove the flow restrictor inside the aerator. Or get a high flow aerator.

Latest posts

Back