Very short flange for Garbage Disposers? Threaded Flange and Mounting Ring?!?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobias_Claren

Reaction score
Hello.

Are there very short versions of flanges for garbage disposers (in this case, a InSinkErator 75)?
Perhaps a threaded flange with a threaded mounting Ring, but without backup ring.
Not "universal" with adjusting screws.
The device should be at the highest possible Level under the sink.
The outlets under the sinks are horizontally (space saving pipe kit, trap at the wall).

The flange from the previous owner is only the extended version.
With a ~0.827 inches (21mm) "ring" (as a spacer), cuttet from a tin can, I had mounted the disposal. But than, the disposal outlet is 2.283 inches (~58mm) under the level of the wastewater pipe (to the trap at the wall) from the other sink.

Perhaps with the standard version, I reach 0.591 inches (15mm) under the pipe level.
Also not perfect. Remnants of Water would stand in the disposal.
And i would need a flexible pipe to connect the device with the drain system pipe. On the first photo, you can see the offset.

With the disposal direct under the thin metal sink, perhaps it is on the same level or higher.
For the last milimeters (I do not know the subunit of inches), perhaps, I could use more than one seal on the other sink.

Attached the first three photos. More on demand.

Thanks,
Tobias Claren

InSinkErator 75 and Double Sink Space Saving Drain System 1, 640x360px.jpg

InSinkErator 75 and Double Sink Space Saving Drain System 2, 640x360px.jpg

InSinkErator 75 and Double Sink Space Saving Drain System 3, 640x360px.jpg

Last edited:
Are you talking about a commercial waste disposal like this Insinkerator Model-SS-75

I don't do metric and not really sure what it is you are trying to solve.
I presume you have an old drain system that was no originaly designed for a garbage disposal or poorly designed and the trap arm is to high for the disposal to drain properly.

Option #1 remove the disposal
Option # 2 open the wall and lower the trap arm

Hello.

Are there very short versions of flanges for garbage disposers (in this case, a InSinkErator 75)?
Perhaps a threaded flange with a threaded mounting Ring, but without backup ring.
Not "universal" with adjusting screws.
The device should be at the highest possible Level under the sink.
The outlets under the sinks are horizontally (space saving pipe kit, siphon at the wall).

The flange from the previous owner is only the extended version.
With a 21mm "ring" (as a spacer), cuttet from a tin can I had mounted the disposal. But than, the disposal outlet is ~58mm under the level of the wastewater pipe (to the siphon at the wall) from the other sink.

Perhaps with the standard version, I reach 15mm under the pipe level.
Also not perfect. Remnants of Water would stand in the disposal.

With the disposal direct under the thin metal sink, perhaps it is on the same level or higher.
For the last milimeters, perhaps, I could use more than one seal on the other sink.

Thanks,
Tobias Claren

we could help a lot easier if you were to post a picture of the problem

No, I mean a InSinkErator 75 for home use:
http://www.homecreations.co.uk/acatalog/ISE_Model_75_Waste_Disposal_Unit.htm

This is a modern/new system like this:
https://www.inwerk-kuechen.de/img/a...l_57593/option_453049/optionswert_3544067.jpg
At the end of the right pipe, the trap will connected.
This (trap at the wall) is to save space under the sink.

If I could mount the device direct under the sink (ideally with mounting ring direct unter the sink, without the backup ring), I could reach the horizontally. And with more than one seal under the other sink, I could rech a fall from the disposal to the drain system.
For the offset, I should use flex pipe.

Added to the first post, three photos and inch values.

Last edited:
The answer is very simple and already given to you by Mr. David in post #2. I know you keep posting additional info because you do not like the real answer he gave. Face it, your plumbing as it is will not accept a disposal. If you want to install and use the disposal, open the wall and lower the drain outlet to a sufficient height.

And do not ever even mention flex drain tubing to a real plumber. We get anxious and then excited because we make a lot of money changing out improper drainage plumbing such as flex. If the only way you can see to complete a drainage piping job is to use flex, call a plumber because that is not an acceptable solution.

rip out the weird looking plumbing and use this

kitchen-sink-drain-1305.jpg

Reactions: SHR
maybe this might help. Your disposal is discontinued from what I see on web.

ISE_Model_75_Waste_Disposal

bottom of sink to disposal outlet is 179 MM using a conversion calculator that would equal 7.047244in. The evolution compact is only 6"

Ahhh Crapola !!! That's an American version. Your electric current is different over there.

AND the replacement E100 for the 75 is only a couple MM

they have some funky disposal ells on the UK version.

ISE_Evolution_100_Food_Waste_Disposal

ise_e100_side_large.jpg

Last edited:
Back