Venting through wall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie83

Reaction score
Building a 40 x 80 metal building workshop with a small bathroom. I am venting with 2 inch pipe and plan to run the vent out the wall, not the roof. It was done by plumbers at my last ranch this way and worked great. There, it had some type of square opening with a rubber membrane which the vent pipe went through. Searched for such a part and obviously and not using the right words for my search! it's a workshop on a ranch, so just

this vent will be about 11 feet from the ground and four feet above the window, so I should be good there. No soffits or overhangs. Closest neighbors are one-quarter mile. My question is about what is a proper 'finish' for the vent. In other words, would it be better to elbow up to vertical? If horizontal, is preferred, does it need any type of cover, or should the end be cut a certain way.

Many thanks in advance.

Karen in rural Texas

PS: I am fine with plain PVC sticking out, so not a 'dressing it up' question!

Last edited:
I know I'm not the OP, but thanks, Twowaxhack! I was actually looking for something like that.

Back