Venting question for washer and studors

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcool

Reaction score
Hi,

Mark Cool again with my attic remodel.

My question is about venting for a washer and 3 lavs. I have a laundry sink, and 2 lavs from the master bath feeding into the 2" drain for the washer.

The washer drain is running from the second floor to the crawlspace before it ties into the main, so it's not sharing the main vent. Can I studor all 4 of these fixtures, or do I need to run a vent through the roof for this group?

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:
Mark, a studor vent needs to be accessible, and there not as good as a vent through the roof. Being that your working in the attic I would run the vent through the roof or tie into a existing vent in the attic.

John

Considering that you have a 2" drain with a laundry drain and 2 other fixtures discharging into it, you really need a vent through roof on this line. A washing machine dumps a lot of water in a short period of time, definitely raising the possibility of creating positive pressure in this system. A studor (AAV) vent does not relieve positive pressure.

That's what I thought about the washer.

Thanks again.

I will vent that group through the roof.

Cheers.

Back