Urinal Spud

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this is an old thread but appears to be exactly what I need to know. I believe I have 2 1950s Standard chinal floor urinals. Both inlet spuds are loose and fairly certain not original. Inlet hole on top is 1-11/16. I tried to snug up what was there but easily pushes off also tried a new generic 3/4x1 and it does same. Before I found this thread I ordered a 3/4 x1-1/4 and figured I will grind to fit once it arrives. I will post whatever results I have win or lose, hope it helps someone in the same situation.

I received the 1-1/4 x3/4 spud and of course it was too large to fit through the porcelain inlet opening but the rubber seemed to fit like a glove. I then did what was suggested earlier in this thread and ground it down to fit, I used a grinder not a file as it was a lot of material to remove. There isn't much material left at the tapered end but it's tight now, rock solid and leak free. Thinking about ordering a kohler 18376 or maybe a 18377 with flow control and then cut the shaft off. 18377 appears that it may be a slightly larger diameter at bell. Has anybody here installed the 18377? I need to fix the 2nd urinal and have a couple ready to go spares on the shelf. Seems crazy to me that I can't seem to find a direct fit easily and very little info on the actual spud dimensions available.

I received the 1-1/4 x3/4 spud and of course it was too large to fit through the porcelain inlet opening but the rubber seemed to fit like a glove. I then did what was suggested earlier in this thread and ground it down to fit, I used a grinder not a file as it was a lot of material to remove. There isn't much material left at the tapered end but it's tight now, rock solid and leak free. Thinking about ordering a kohler 18376 or maybe a 18377 with flow control and then cut the shaft off. 18377 appears that it may be a slightly larger diameter at bell. Has anybody here installed the 18377? I need to fix the 2nd urinal and have a couple ready to go spares on the shelf. Seems crazy to me that I can't seem to find a direct fit easily and very little info on the actual spud dimensions available.
Get the next size smaller spud. Try this one.....
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Jones-S...HwObQMSdyTnG-qw4CSwPldtrczFZa7RMaAoLzEALw_wcB

Latest posts

Back