unused drain...what to do?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogman

Reaction score
ok guys,this is a different project than the "rear discharge"toilet that you helped me with before,hence a new thread...
anyway,look at the pic,it's the drain for the bar-sink which is now gone,so I don't need the drain anymore. (a doorway will be right where the drain goes into the concrete floor so I've got to really get rid of it) Yes,that bar-sink was the only thing connected to the drain.
so,how should I go about this? I think the drain pipe will have to be capped to keep sewer gasses out of the house. should I plan on chipping some concrete? does the cap need to be glued?

tnx,

drain.jpg

I guess I don't quite understand (what ELSE is new?) Frodo. if I "bust" off the pipe level with the floor, looks like all that will be blocking the sewer gas is the rag down in the pipe,is that enough to block gas?

tnx,

the concrete will be a plug. ever hear of concrete pipe? ;)

you have to break the concrete BELOW the floor, dish out the hole. so that when you step on the plug. it will not just fall down the pipe

but act as a cork. or wedge.

if you just pour concrete in pipe, that is even with floor, when you step on that plug it will slide down the pipe

if you wish, you can bust deeper and install a cap on the pipe if you do not like the rag. your choice

bathroom_layout_dims_door.jpg

Last edited:
Back