Undersink filter flow restrictor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't quite plumbing. I have a two 10" cartridge undersink water filter. Kenmore. Odor, sediment, lead reduction etc. A few years ago I replaced the faucet, and I assume the flow restrictor with it? Comes out fast now. But the faucet is getting corroded and needs replacing. I was looking at an iSpring faucet, didn't see flow restriction mentioned, so called them. It may be me, but the support person really didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Kept going back to RO flow requirements. I have a 500 gal/da iSpring RO filter--I'm a homebrewer and need pure water for certain beers, lagers and pilsners mostly. But the RO system is regulated, not just restricted. She kept telling me I needed a pressure regulator.

I always thought simple cartridge, NOT RO, filters basically used a washer type flow restriction? I'd like to slow down the flow when replacing the faucet. I'll call around more but if I'm way off base I'd like know.

Thanks!

How about if you leave the valves under the sink throttled back a little
Ok, that sounds like it will work. I was thinking along the lines of something more specific in the sense that, say, chloramine removal requires a flow rate of 1 l/min for this particular filter. I can certainly time it.
Not that chloramines worry me here. Lead does tho.

Back