Under sink tankless heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a similar situation when we bought our current home, so I installed a 2.5-gallon tank type heater in the crawl space right under the bathroom that was 75 feet from the main water heater. I installed it in series in the hot water line, and it solved the problem, we get hot water quickly and the temperature doesn't change when taking a shower. It plugs into a 120-volt 20-amp circuit, so the wiring was simple. It has worked great for 14 years now.
A rough sketch would be good, please.

We had a similar situation when we bought our current home, so I installed a 2.5-gallon tank type heater in the crawl space right under the bathroom that was 75 feet from the main water heater. I installed it in series in the hot water line, and it solved the problem, we get hot water quickly and the temperature doesn't change when taking a shower. It plugs into a 120-volt 20-amp circuit, so the wiring was simple. It has worked great for 14 years now.

No sketch necessary, your situation may be different. Install the heater as close as possible to point of use, connect the line from the main hot water heater to the inlet, it will probably say cold. the outlet should say hot, connect that to the line that you cut, so it feeds all points of use. Connect the power to 120 volt source, but don't turn it on until it's full of water.

No sketch necessary, your situation may be different. Install the heater as close as possible to point of use, connect the line from the main hot water heater to the inlet, it will probably say cold. the outlet should say hot, connect that to the line that you cut, so it feeds all points of use. Connect the power to 120 volt source, but don't turn it on until it's full of water.
You are correct. This was described for the OP in post #2 with no acknowledgement or response from the OP.

Back