Under-Counter Grease Interceptor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just wondering how these things are emptied. I've got two sinks in a concessions room, and I'm trying to decide whether to use two separate under-counter grease interceptors or a larger single one in the floor for both. They can't get a vehicle anywhere near this to pump out, so how do they normally empty a grease interceptor like this, these?
Thanks!

The under counter units just get hand transferred. They typically have easy out side buckets. The in-ground units would be serviced by pump trucks with hoses long enough.
In our area, the new giant tanks are located outside with ready access to the pump trucks.

We have all of our grease traps cleaned by a co. We have to keep records of when they were cleaned for the city/state,,for our traps that can't be cleaned by a long hose they have a 75 gal vacuum built just for this application
Then the truck vacuums out the vacuum
*You can't size your traps there is a formula for that done by an engineer,I should be in your states code book

Last edited:
Back