Unable of remove cover of bathroom faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgokhale

Reaction score
The faucet in the picture has developed a leak. I have popped of the handle to get at the cartridge/valve stem inside. I cannot remove faucet cover to get at the cartridge. There is no set screw on this thing.

I do not know make or model of this faucet as it came with the house but it is at least 15 years old.

Any help I can get in getting the cover of this facet would be helpful.

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

It is possible the cover can be removed by loosening the nuts from the underside of the faucet.

The slotted ring inside the trim piece needs to come out to remove the trim. You might have to soak it in so wd40 or rust buster

Reactions: SHR
That's what I thought when I saw the slotted piece. Do you get a special tool to remove that? Its in there tight and was not sure if applying more force might break something. I will soak it overnight and try.

I was trying to avoid removing the nut from underneath as it is not easy to get in there and was wondering if anybody know an easier way. If nothing else work that would be the last option.

Thanks for the responses.

Latest posts

Back