Tub spout spins freely....no set screw.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, we never could have guessed what a mess that idiot would have made behind the wall.
It is an easy fix for a plumber. But, w/o tools and tricks, kinda time consuming for you.
If there is wood framing, I would use a Holdrite stout bracket and pre attach a drop ear elbow copper x fip. I would do it all ProPress.

Wrapped up this debacle project. Had to Dremel out clearance in my tile to remove the old stub. Then inserted a new stub pipe, installed a screw on adapter, and screw on spout. Thanks again for everyone's comments and assistance !!!

Attachments

• OLD SHARKBITE STUB.jpg
    OLD SHARKBITE STUB.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 9
  • NEW PIPE.jpg
    NEW PIPE.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • DONE.jpg
    DONE.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
I would solder an elbow on that and call it a day. But I'm surgical when it comes to soldering, lol.

I would solder an elbow on that and call it a day. But I'm surgical when it comes to soldering, lol.
I used a Sharkbite elbow temporarily. I have a plumber coming out to install an expansion tank on my water heater. I'll then have him solder on a copper elbow on my tub stub, to do it right. Else, long term, I'm right back to where I was.

Latest posts

Back