toilet trouble

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrayton

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a two story home. When I flush my upstairs toilet, the water in the downstairs toilet drains and will not refill but continues to run.

It is the water in the downstairs bowl that won't fill and keeps running. Once I flush it it fills up and stops running.

That's very strange and can't see an upstairs toilet flushing causing the downstairs one to "flush" as well. Possible it can be a totally separate occurrence? The downstairs one might have a sticking flapper causing water to constantly run and drain through the bowl. Hence, the bowl never fills.

its, possible. that the upstairs toilet when flushedis sucking your trap dry. strange, rare, but possible

try this. lift the seat, place paper towels across the bowl. close lid.

have your life partner flush the upstairs terlit. look, see, if the paper "pumps" up and down. if it does, it is an indication the water is being pulled out of the trap ,

if you down stairs terlit is having the trap suked dry by upstairs.

houston!!! we have a problem!!!!!!! your either not vented, or vent is blocked

and i suspect, the flapper is leaking also......miner stuff there

I thought about some sort of sucking issue caused from a vent problem, but I've never seen anything like that myself. I should have mentioned it! You beat me Frodo!

Back