toilet to sewer question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieethes

Reaction score
I am installing a toilet in the garage on a slab. The toilet is going to be the standard 15" from the finished side wall. The side of the toilet faces the outside wall. The main sewer line is 3 feet away and 2.5 feet down on the outside of that wall. Using a standard closet bend, I would run into the footing. Can I have vertical pipe below the toilet, then go horizontal to the main with 1/4 inch per foot slope? I plan on running the vent behind the toilet in a 2x4 wall. Does the vent need to be connected to the horizontal section or can it be in the vertical section, if vertical drop is allowed? I am in Oregon.

Does this help. you can vent the vertical with a wye.
You can drop it straight to China
The section of vent cannot be horizontal until it is above the flood rim of fixture. Anything less than 45 degrees from horizontal is horizontal.

imagesZ2R5F6CK.jpg

Scan-150110-0002 (640x445).jpg

Thanks Mr. David. I made the hole in the concrete today and took a couple photos for reference. The sewer main is about 64 inches to the left of the hole, on the outside of the house, and 30 ish inches down. A closet bend would send me straight into the footing. I want to drop to the sewer mains level, then go out with the proper pipe slope. The 2" vent would wye off the drop and come up into the wall cavity at the back and straight up through the roof.

1) Do I need a clean out on that vent pipe? Being a single level house, a person could snake from the roof fairly easy.

2) What style bend do I use at the bottom of the drop?

3) What fitting at the sewer main? It will be a horizontal entrance, so I think a large radius tee/wye is ok.

20171104_165906.jpg

20171104_165932.jpg

Like this? right side example is better. easier to set your vent and flange where you want it

zzz.jpg

Last edited:
Back