Toilet Seat Replacement - Mounting Screws

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luigi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here. I need to replace a broken Duravit Vero toilet seat, and the existing bent mounting screws. According to the installation instructions (https://www.duravit.co.uk/dimg/1198998.pdf), I need to place a small clip (part #4 in the diagram) so that it "hugs" the screw and then pull the screw upwards while rotating it.

I initially unscrewed one of the existing mounting screws but discovered that the existing clip (and the washer below it) had fallen into the crevice below where the screw goes. I have two questions:

1. Do I need to fish out the old washer and clip, and if so, how do I do this? I tried looking inside the small hole with a LED torch but the crevice seems to extend further away from the hole where I cannot reach.
2. Regardless of the answer to (1), the small clip on the new screw is too long to fit vertically between the washer and the plastic cover as specified in the mounting diagram. How best can I align this on the screw and then mount it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

toilet seat mounting instructions.png

View attachment 1198998.pdf

Can you access that part of the stool from the backside. Only worked on a few of those but remember there being an open space behind the bowl. Might be thinking of a similar stool.

Back