Toilet flange help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gpag

Reaction score
I need to reset a toilet due to the odor of sewer gas in the bathroom. The flange does not have any holes for the toilet bolts. There was a flat, metal flange ring screwed to the floor that I removed so that I can repair the tile to give the toilet a solid base to sit on.
Is the metal ring the best thing to use to provide attachment bolts for the toilet or is there a better product to use?620C158D-BB75-4A99-8DD7-12953735E98A.jpeg

You can get a repair flange like in these pictures that goes around the plastic toilet piece. Then fasten it to
the floor and you have the slots for the closet bolts.sioux chief repair flange.jpg 517FSPsb10L__AC_UL160_.jpg

Good luck using those repair rings. Been doing this 20 years. Still haven’t ran into one that was low enough not to have a rocking toilet. My way will get a few dirty looks ,but here we go. Clean your area. Dry fit toilet. Mark bolt holes on concrete thru bolt holes. Remove toilet. Drill where you marked for a lead anchor. Get lead anchors in concrete and use a 3” drywall screw to set inside lead and guide the toilet down. Put on a thick wax with horn. Set toilet. Pull 3” screws and insert stainless steal lag bolt 1.5” long. Hand tighten with combination wrench. When bolt head reaches cap washer. Go slower till they tight. Basically your taking the flange and sandwiching it and wax ring between toilet and concrete. ..... good luck. You got a fun one. Or pull flange. And replace flange. It’s a pain but can be done in concrete.

Back