Toilet Flange Help Needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verland

Reaction score
I ran into something with a toilet flange I really need help with. The wax seal apparently had breached so I pulled the toilet. The flange is recessed and isn't cleaning up too well. Appears to have concrete on it which I can only guess may be from the quickset concrete used on the tile. Not knowing for sure if what I'm looking at is a pipe flange permanently welded on the end of a pipe OR a leaded on flange, I'm nervous about chiseling the concrete away and am thinking about other options. I have a flange extension (see pic) that I'd thought about trying to use. One side has a black neoprene gasket on it and I'm assuming that's face down on the original flange with a wax ring and then the toilet. The other option is trying to just use a thick, reinforced was ring w/flange and hope for the best. Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA
031712a.jpg
031712b.jpg
031712c.jpg

Can't see what type flange you have or if it's screwed to the floor, but it's not that far below the floor. Just clean it up and as Another Plumber said DBL up on the wax seal.

John

Thanks guys. Used two wax rings as you suggested and the toilet's back on - for the moment anyway, life is good. :)

Thank you for the replies...

Latest posts

Back