Toilet flange bolts to concrete

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggie83

Reaction score
What is the best method for attaching a PVC toilet flange to concrete? Slab was poured in March 2022.

Thanks in advance.

I’d use lead anchors in the appropriate size to match an appropriate stainless steel screw, tapered head to match the flange…

Attachments

• A17BD86A-3FA3-4091-9754-AF09D5763D1B.jpeg
    A17BD86A-3FA3-4091-9754-AF09D5763D1B.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 0
Why not go big and get a gasoline powered drill such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/MXBAOHENG-Gasoline-Impact-Drilling-Machine/dp/B07TG1TW14
We have a Makita version of that beast at work. Comes in Handy when you need to re-anchor things on mountain tops.

Hobble the pack string first, before you fire it off. It is a bit embarrassing to have to call on the radio, and tell the dispatcher, you need the packer to come help you round up the mules. You do that once, and folks tease you about it for years. And, they bring it up at your retirement lunch. And, at thier retirement lunches, as one of their most memorable moments, in a 35-year career.

Rental houses have hammer drills if you don't have one available.

Carbide tipped bits should always be hammer-drilled for s truer hole. If you go with the Tapcon style screws that Geofd mentioned, you need a straight and true hole that is 1/4" deeper than than screw. The lead anchors that Mitchell-DIY-Guy mentioned are a little more forgiving of a wonky hole. Both will work great in your slab.

For drilling, even a wimpy hammer drill , such as my 1970's Makita 7.2 volt, will work on site-poured concrete. (On pre-cast, I use my Hilti or my Makita SDS drill & a lot of patience.)

Hope This Helps!
Paul

Back