Toilet Flange Bolt Issues and Problems!!!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieMonster113

Reaction score
I was attempting to DIY and new toilet installation. After removing the toilet, I see that the flange was installed incorrectly. I have not idea how the bolts are holding the flange down. How do I remove the bolts? Can somebody help me? See photos. Soooooooo upset right now :(

Attachments

• toilet 1.jpg
    toilet 1.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 21
  • toilet 2.jpg
    toilet 2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 21
  • toilet 3.jpg
    toilet 3.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 18
Your flange is screwed to the floor by wood screws more than likely. Clean the wax out of some of those holes and see if you find screws. If you do, loosen them until the flange raises up a bit and slide your closet bolts out. The only thing I see that may be wrong with it is that your finish floor is butt right up to it. Otherwise, I don't see where it is installed incorrectly.

Loosen the nuts on the bolt and slide it out to the side. You may need to use a chisel to persuade it to move. You may need to notch the flooring a hair to let it come out, probably not.

Doesn’t the wax ring cover and maneuver itself to seal the flange up? I have a new flange. Just wanna get this done I’ll check if level and use spacers if needed. Sound ok?

Do you know what you are getting into to change that glued flange? I think you better take the suggestions given
to you. Put new bolts in and a jumbo seal with horn and you will be good to go

Latest posts

Back