Toilet bidet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irainesan

Reaction score
Hello experts,

I am trying to set up bidet in my toilet. I live in Minnesota which has extreme winter and hence i would like to use hot water as well as Goldwater connections for this bidet. The toilet bowel is right next to wash basin sink. Hence I would like to use hot water and cold water connections from the wash basin. Can you please suggest me what kind of attachments I would require to make this bidet work. Do I need a some kind of valve ?
Thank you in advance.

Do you have an internet link to the bidet that you are planning on using, or pictures of the connections on it?

One other thing to consider is that there will be a delay between turning on the bidet and the hot water reaching the bidet. I don't know if you have investigated these, but there are toilet seat bidets available that have an onboard heater that give you nearly instantaneous hot water.

Other than what Phishfood described, unless you already had a 24 hour recirc. pump installed, I would think you would need to install an instant hot water tank under the sink, then blend the hot and cold together so you don't scald your tush.

Do you have an internet link to the bidet that you are planning on using, or pictures of the connections on it?

One other thing to consider is that there will be a delay between turning on the bidet and the hot water reaching the bidet. I don't know if you have investigated these, but there are toilet seat bidets available that have an onboard heater that give you nearly instantaneous hot water.

thank you for your response. I'm going to buy a simple kitchen sprayer like this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D0ZLMS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The main thing which I'm not sure is how do I merge hot and cold water lines and send them to the bidet!

by the way, I am not interested in toilet seat bidet. I would prefer a handheld type

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than what Phishfood described, unless you already had a 24 hour recirc. pump installed, I would think you would need to install an instant hot water tank under the sink, then blend the hot and cold together so you don't scald your tush.

thank you for bringing this point. How do I check if I have 24 hour recirc installed? I never had issues with getting hot water supply. Could that mean I have this recirc installed already?

Does your hot water come on very quickly, or do you have to wait for a minute or two until the water gets hot?

If you have hot water quickly, I would tee off the hot and cold water lines under the sink and blend the water into a mixer valve, similar to what you see in the shower. This way, you can adjust the dial either hotter or colder, depending on your needs.

Back