to dual flush or not

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz57

Reaction score
I would like to replace our 10yo Am Stand toilet. It's been a dog since day one, seldom flushing consistently.
Since my spouse would probably prefer AS, I am looking at one of their dual flush pieces.

3381.216.020 is what Lowes has, though the question is for any push button dual flush toilet.
If I need to (hopefully not) do maintenance on it, is the push button dual flush mechanism a pita to service?

my feeling exactly. Is there a Kohler dual flush that is easy to maintain? We have Kohler in the other bath. MUch better product.

As mentioned in other posts, the dual flush gizmos are ok for the family who lives there. if you have guests, the conversation becomes awkward when you ask the guests if they are going # 1 versus #2, because they need to be instructed on how to use 'em. Just my two cents....

I hate dual flush toilets. As water efficient as new toilets are, you aren't saving much water. When something goes wrong with the dual flush mechanism (and it will), the average service plumber likely isn't going to carry the parts, and universal parts don't fit. The price of the parts will have you wishing you just bought a regular flush tank.

Ya naa'mean?

may i make another suggestion. get a handicap bowl, elongated front

both my toilets are handicap, elongated kohlers. i feel really weird sitting on a regular toilet,

This would also be my recommendation as well, provided that you aren't too short.

Latest posts

Back