Tile Ready pan - drain having issues

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMH1120

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping you can help me troubleshoot a problem with a shower drain. It is a tile ready drain pan and the drain in the picture is what was provided. There is a small amount of water leaking after install. I am looking for a better solution.

Ideally I'd like something like a closet flange for a toilet, where a drain would mount and create a seal inside the PVC. Does anybody have a good product I could use? Links would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

IMG_1268.jpg

Z-xGBykcpIx_.JPG

is this what they gave you ?

1234.png

looks like a no caulk drain like i show is to be used, and it has to be attached to the pan before it is set.

you dont want to hear this. but, remove the tile, pull the pan, install the drain fitting and set the pan

Attachments

• shower_drain_diagram.jpg
    shower_drain_diagram.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Not really sure what a tile ready pan is. The tile pan requires a waterproof membrane installed underneath with a different kind of drain fitting.

The square drain to the left is what was provided, but plumber/tile guy clearly didn't coordinate and left me stranded. We chipped out, set square drain, and tiled back up to it and grouted in place. We are getting a small, slow leak.

Looking for a solution without ripping out the entire pan. Does anybody else have a solution?

Back